Friday, February 3, 2012

To snack or not to snack...

Since the New Year has passed and I'm sure many, like myself, want to be slimmer... So after joining a biggest losers contest with some girlfriends, I decided we needed a fun motivator. SO... I made snack boxes. There are three ladies who all work together so I made them each a set of snack boxes. They work long hours and the only thing nearby for food is a wonderful Chinese food place and a gas station. That means that if they don't plan well they're stuck with gas station snacks (not exactly on the lose weight menu).

I started with two plastic boxes...


One large for dry snacks and one small for the mini fridge.


 Then I got some tasty snacks to fill it with. Gum, Skinny Cow snacks, Fiber 10 bar, Jif mini cups ~ perfect for dipping, and some life savers ~ sugar free...

I stuffed them all in the dry snacks box...

Closed it up...


Then added their names so they could tell them apart... 

So now you're thinking, "Great, now what do I do with it..."... well each week you fill it with snacks that you like that fit into your diet/meal plan. This way when you're at your desk and you're hungry you have easy snacks that you know you can have and you don't have to settle for what ever's in the vending machine. Be sure to fill the fridge one with some healthy yogurt, cheese, veggies and fruit!

1 comment:

  1. You're brilliant! And so nice! Those ladies are so lucky! I've been stocking my desk with those Skinny Cow bars...they are one of my favorite snacks! I'm also a big sucker for Goldfish. I just have to make sure I only eat one serving at a time! And Honeycrisp apples...I could eat those babies all the time!

    You're so awesome. Good job on the healthy life changes!

    ReplyDelete