Friday, January 13, 2012

So far... so good

So late in 2011 I started taking synthroid (to fix some thyroid issues)... I felt soo much better after starting it too.

So, Jan 5 I started a biggest loser with a friend of mine. We check in every 5 days and the winner gets 10 bucks. I also joined a biggest loser with some friends at their business. We weigh in there every friday and the person who has lost the most percentage of weight wins the pot and some other goodies.

This was the first weigh in (after the initial one) and I'm down 2.2 pounds in a week! YAY!!!

I've used my wii for at least 15 minutes every day since the fifth. I also hit the gym for 2 hours with some girlfriends this past Sunday. This Sunday I'm gonna try the aqua zumba class at my rec center.

My goal is to get down to 135 pounds so about 135 pounds to lose. I have some shorter term goals though....

This month... 15 minute minimum of exercise a day for 90% of the month = new wii exercise game or DVD

Little britches Biggest loser... ends april 6 - if I lose more than my two girlfriends then my mom will spring for new clothes (I'm almost a size smaller already)









2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I'm trying to get myself to exercise, but that sure can eat up an evening and leave no time for anything but cooking dinner and sleeping! I'm so glad they have Biggest Loser programs. That sounds like such a good support system. And 2.2 pounds is GREAT! I definitely have not lost that much yet!

    And I didn't know you had thyroid issues! Everyone keeps telling me to get my thyroid checked because I'm always freezing, but I think that's the only symptom I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got mine really checked because I always fell in the high normal range. But I've had several times where I was highly motivated and doing all the right things and still not losing weight or inches (plus a bunch of the other "symptoms" like short temper and tired). I finally just bugged my doc enough to give me a tiny dose of meds (my mom is on them after menopause). Within 6 weeks of doing NOTHING different I'd lost 7 pounds. So he doubled my dose to a slightly less TINY dose. My numbers are now down to low-mid normal and not 48 hours after upping the dose I felt like "taking a run" after dinner down in Texas! I have NEVER "felt like taking a run" and I went for about 2 miles! (mostly fast walking but that's cause I'm really out of shape). I'd totally look into it.

    ReplyDelete